It’s the month of July! We’ve crossed over to the second half of 2014. This is the best time to revisit your New Year Resolutions in case you’ve forgotten or diverted away from them. This is the second chance to dig up your Resolutions and realign yourself.
Referring to my 2014 New Year Resolutions, I’ve only managed to clear one item from the list. I feel like I need to re-strategise and edit my list a little due to the unforeseen circumstances. So here is version 1.1 of my 2014 New Year Resolution:
Stop procrastinating. Start planning, keep a to-do journal and stick to it.
Save 10% of my income monthly. Learn to manage my finances. Based on my current plight, live with a budget of $10/day.
3. Have daily time alone with God, at least 10 minutes a day. I need spiritual nourishment. Make time for God.
4. Contact 3 old acquaintances to catch up and send out minimum 10 postcards to anyone, including a stranger. P.S I’ve sent 1 postcard to an acquaintance.
5. Think of full story and write it down. Deadline 20 Nov.
6. Update this blog at least once a week. You guys are my witness.
7. Read 15 books. Checked! Currently on my 19th book for the year.
8. Write a Travel Journal entry.
Seems like I need to increase my gear for the second half of the year. That’s the good thing about doing this mid-year evaluation, so we’ll know what actions need to be taken! Resolution aside, I’ve signed up for a 10km marathon in August. It’s my first time running in marathon although I know 10km is barely a marathon. Still, it’s a start of something new! Cheers to the greater half of the year!